Before you can attend our accredited clinical workshops for facial aesthetics, you need to be a GDC registered dentist, a NMC registered nurse, or a GMC registered doctor, surgeon or specialist. All dentists who want to practice dentistry in the U.K. should register with the General Dental Council (GDC). They are the regulatory body in charge of every dental care professional in the U.K., so practising without registering with them is illegal.
GDC registration depends on specific criteria, as you may be able to register without qualification assessments or may have an individual assessment on your dental training, skill and knowledge. You are eligible for a full registration if you:
– Have a UK dental qualification
– Passed the Overseas Registration Exam (ORE) or Licence in Dental Surgery (LDS)
– Completed and passed a GDC-recognised course
– Gained qualification before 1 January 2001 from Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand and South Africa
– Are exempted and have scheduled dental qualification from the European Economic Area (EEA)
A route to registration questionnaire is available on GDC’s website if you want to know which registration is suitable for your practice.
Types of GDC Registration
– Full Registration – This allows any dentist to practice without supervision if they have the necessary visa or immigration status. This does not entitle the holder a job in the U.K. nor work as a performer in the NHS general practice, though.
– Temporary Registration – This allows dentists to practice dentistry for a limited period or in supervised practices for the purpose of teaching, training or research. Registration is limited to 1826 days, with a minimum of 180 days.
Now that you know about the importance of GDC and the ways to register for it, we hope you understand why it is one of our requirements for enrolment. At BTC, we aim to give facial aesthetic workshops that help dentists, medics and medical nurses widen their knowledge about the industry they are in. Contact us to book your workshop today.
Call 07711 731173 or email email@example.com for more information on why you should choose BTC to help you achieve a successful aesthetic business.back to blog