It is completely normal for the injected area to be a little tender after your anti-wrinkle treatment and bruising can sometimes occur. Any redness or tenderness will usually disappear within 2 days.
Please follow our post treatment advice to ensure you receive the highest level of aftercare.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol to prevent headaches
- Remain upright for 3-4 hours
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours
- Avoid applying make up for 24 hours
- Do not massage the area for 24 hours – this includes using a facial cleansing brush or device
- Avoid having any other facial treatments including eyebrow maintenance for 2 weeks
- Avoid sun exposure including sun beds, steam rooms and saunas for 7 days
Following your treatment, it is important not to touch the treated area or apply makeup for at least 6 hours.
Please bear in mind that immediately after treatment some common anticipated injection related reactions can occur. These reactions are temporary and typically resolve within 7-14 days. However, to allow the skin to recover more efficiently we offer the following advice:
- Redness, swelling or bruising – light makeup can be applied to the area after 6 hours. Avoid extremes of weather temperature, however a clean cool pack can be applied to the area on the day of treatment to lessen potential bruising. Avoid taking aspirin as this can increase the likelihood of bruising.
- Discomfort or itching – following treatment the area can feel tender from the injection. Non-prescription analgesia can be taken. Non-prescription antihistamines can be taken if the area feels irritated. It is not unusual for some irritation to occur for up to 14 days post treatment.
- Lip treatment – due to the sensitivity of the lip, swelling following treatment can sometimes occur and last for up to 14 days. As a result, the lips may appear slightly uneven. This will clear up as the swelling goes down. Please note if you have a history of cold sores then there is a risk that the virus could be activated by the insertion of the needle.
For post treatment enquiries please message us on Instagram.
For severe and GENUINE EMERGENCIES outside of normal working hours ONLY please call or text 07934 288448.