If you’re a doctor, dentist or nurse looking for effective training in facial aesthetic treatments, you may be a little bewildered by the vast array of choice out there when it comes to introductory training days and workshops on botulinum toxins and dermal fillers.
So, how do you sort the wheat from the chaff? Find the workshops which will teach you genuine skills and techniques, whilst offering you end-to-end support? It’s true that not all do.
Unlike many one-day courses available in the marketplace, BTC, founded by Dr Harry Singh includes support, advice and training at all stages – pre, during and post the workshop event. Not only that but Harry, a dentist and aesthetic practitioner who has been practising in facial aesthetics since 2002 will teach you both clinical skills and effective business and marketing strategies to make your newly found skills turn you a profit and augment your private aesthetic practice. Harry invests his time and experience to help delegates who are new to the field succeed as he has done.
So, what can you expect from a workshop with BTC?
• Training courses are accredited for 6.5 hours of verifiable CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• Training is offered to dentists, doctors and independent nurse prescribers only
• It is fully-accredited for insurance purposes, recognised by Hamilton Fraser Insurance
• Workshops often run on a Saturday, so they don’t impact on clinic time or you having to take time off work if you are in NHS practice
• You may bring a member of your team, as an observer, free of charge. This could be a clinic or practice manager or an assisting practitioner, such as a dental therapist or nurse, who will help you to implement all that you have learnt when you get back to your own business
• You will learn the theory and practice on how to administer botulinum toxin and dermal fillers. Toxin training will cover the three most popular areas for treatment – frown lines (glabellar), crow’s feet (lateral canthal lines) and forehead (frontalis). Basic filler training starts with the lips.
• You will receive unlimited support afterwards and be invited to a closed group for private discussions as you put your skills into practice in your business.
BTC workshops are split into three stages – pre-workshop, workshop and post-workshop.
Prior to attending your training day, you will be supplied with some pre-workshop materials for self-study so that you arrive on the day ready to get to work. This includes:
• a 45-minute video on How to get started in facial aesthetics;
• an article on Treating the upper third of the face with muscle relaxants;
• a report on 5 tips to grow your facial aesthetic business;
• documentation to help you set up insurance cover and a pharmacy account so you can hit the ground running after the workshop;
• and a template of a promotional flyer which can be used as a poster, advert or leaflet.
On the day you will be part of a small-group workshop, where models will be provided, and you will learn all the science and practical skills to deliver treatments. You will also receive:
• a delegate pack including consent forms, protocols for performing a consultation and post-treatment advice instructions to give to patients;
• details on preferential rates agreed with an insurer and pharmacy for all successful BTC delegates;
• a copy of Dr Singh’s book, Achieving Financial Freedom;
• and a copy of A complete guide to medical and facial aesthetics which can be used as a resource for educating patients about treatments.
Post-workshop, you will not be left out in the cold. Follow-up and support is provided free of charge.
It is critical that you can effectively implement what you have learnt, so after two weeks you will have the opportunity to review the model that you treated on the workshop day. This will allow you to administer any required top-ups, assess before and after pictures (and keep these for your own marketing purposes), plus learn more by understanding what results your patients will achieve and how to carry out a review appointment.
You may repeat the workshop, as an observer, if you feel that you need to further embed your learning, you just pay for your refreshments, but can attend as many times as you need to.
You will also receive:
• discounts off future workshops;
• copies of additional articles related to marketing facial aesthetics;
• access to videos of Dr Singh demonstrating botulinum toxin techniques;
• and a guide on aseptic techniques in facial aesthetics.
Courses in botulinum toxin, dermal fillers and advanced techniques are all available, running throughout the year, have a look at our upcoming training courses and workshops and book your place. Call 07711 731173 or email email@example.com for more information.